In 1920, The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) was founded. The founders of the ACLU read like a Who’s Who of American Communism. Roger Baldwin (pictured) was the primary founder, but he had numerous associates of his same ilk. Baldwin, who headed the ACLU for many years, was a pacifist who joined the International Workers of the World in the 1920s. He conveniently renounced his Communist affiliations about the time of the 1939 German/Russian Non-Aggression (except against Poland) Pact.
Elizabeth Gurley Flynn was another founder who was the first woman to head the American Communist Party. Radicalized at a young age, she was so notorious she was actually kicked out of the ACLU by Roger Baldwin. After a nine-month trial in 1952 she was convicted under the Smith Act of conspiring to teach and advocate the overthrow of the United States government. She died on 9/5/64 on a trip to the Soviet Union and was honored in the Soviet Union in 1964 with a state funeral in Red Square.
The list of founders with major collectivist tendencies include: Eugene V. Debs (founded the Socialist Party of America); John Dewey (radical philosopher and a liberal darling for his Socialist writings); Norman Thomas (six-time Socialist Party candidate for President); Upton Sinclair (author who advocated Socialist communes); Crystal Eastman; Clarence Darrow; Jane Addams; Walter Nelles; etc.
The ACLU was, always has been, and remains a front for the American Communist Party. Its charter is to use the First Amendment to break down the fabric of freedom and help destroy American values. That is why the ACLU is generally uninterested in any part of the Constitution other than the First Amendment. President Bill Clinton nominated Ruth Bader Ginsburg to be a Supreme Court justice. Ruth Bader Ginsburg was a long-time attorney for the ACLU. Talk about a wolf in sheep’s clothing – and what does this tell you about the political philosophy of William Jefferson Clinton?
On January 10, 1963 Congressman Albert S. Herlong, Jr., D-Fla, read a list of 45 Communist goals into the Congressional record. I will list below some of the 45 Communist goals read by Congressman Herlong. Test yourself and see how many of the Communist goals listed are being implemented by the ACLU today in order to destroy America (Note: there is only one correct answer to this test).
16) Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17) Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for Socialism, and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in textbooks. (USFA note: In 1944 Earl Browder, the head of the Communist Party in the United States, stated that the ACLU functioned as “a transmission belt” for the Communist Party).
23) Control art critics and directors of art museums. “Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art.”
24) Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and press.
25) Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
26) Present homosexuality, degeneracy, and promiscuity as “normal, natural, and healthy.”
27) Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a religious crutch.
28) Eliminate prayer or any phrase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
32) Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture – education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc. (USFA note: Bold Print is ours).
40) Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
Test yourself again and see how many of the goals listed above are being utilized by Socialist members of Congress to destroy America’s culture and traditions and to push us gradually to a Socialist dictatorship. (Note: Once again, there is only one correct answer to this test and it is the same answer as the one above.)